ARC Finds More Americans Will Fly to Germanys Oktoberfest in 2017
Boasting fair rides, traditional foods and beer tastings, Munich, Germany’s Oktoberfest is widely recognized as one of the world’s top fall destinations. According to new analysis by the Airlines Reporting Corp. (ARC), five percent more U.S. travelers will travel to Munich during the 16-day festival* compared to 2016. Driving some of the increased demand is a five percent drop in the average ticket price from the U.S. during the festival period.
The top five countries of origin for travelers flying to Munich during the festival include Germany, the U.S., the United Kingdom, Spain and Italy. Overall, average ticket prices for Oktoberfest are up from the top five origin countries by 5.4 percent. Passengers flying from Germany paid an average of three percent more to fly to during the festival.
ARC found that the global average roundtrip ticket price to fly to Munich is $558. Travelers from the U.S. paid an average of $1,638, while those in Germany paid $332, in the United Kingdom paid $418, in Spain paid $295, and in Italy paid $321.
Oktoberfest bookings** made through ARC MarketPlace—a website that provides travel agents with worldwide activities and tours for their clients—topped the list of fall tours and activities. The top bookings included Munich Oktoberfest Tickets and Tour, Small-Group Munich City and Oktoberfest Tour Including Reserved Oktoberfest Tent Table, and All-Inclusive Oktoberfest Tour and Table Reservation at a Major Tent.
While Oktoberfest topped the list of fall destinations on ARC MarketPlace, many travelers worldwide are still looking to take advantage of the cooler temperatures and fall foliage. The top 10 fall activities booked through ARC MarketPlace for 2017 are:
- Munich Oktoberfest Tickets and Tour (Germany)
- Small-Group Munich City and Oktoberfest Tour Including Reserved Oktoberfest Tent Table (Germany)
- Fall Foliage Sightseeing Tour from Boston (Massachusetts)
- All-Inclusive Oktoberfest Tour and Table Reservation at a Major Tent (Germany)
- Salem Voodoo Vampires and Ghosts Walking Tour (Massachusetts)
- Haunted Philadelphia: Spirits of '76 Ghost Tour (Pennsylvania)
- Ghosts of Charleston Tour (South Carolina)
- Salem Witch City Day Trip From Boston (Massachusetts)
- Dublin Gravedigger Ghost Tour (Ireland)
- Key West Ghost Hunt (Florida)
- Results include global airline transactions through both U.S. and non-U.S. travel agencies, as well as specific airline direct sales transactions for travel from any origin city to Munich from September 16 through October 3, 2017.
- Results are based on sales booking purchased through ARC MarketPlace for September 1 through November 30, 2017.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.