This Month's EcoFeature Green Hotel: The Radisson Los Angeles Airport (LAX) Hotel - an outstanding green hotel option for the Jet Set!
Established in 1989, Green Seal is a national non-profit organization that has developed science-based certification standards for products and services that meet rigorous environmental requirements.
'It's an honor to be among the leaders in L.A.'s hospitality industry making strides in environmental stewardship. We are thrilled to be associated with Green Seal, and are very proud to have achieved the Silver certification,' said Cindy Boulton, Radisson LAX's area managing director. 'Our team understands the duty we have to protect and maintain the beautiful natural resources we've been blessed with, and we take our responsibility very seriously.'
Indeed they do. The Radisson LAX green team has been insanely busy implementing a sustainability initiative that has not only earned their property the Green Seal certification, but also earned it a membership in the Green Hotels Association and Leadership Level status in California's Green Lodging Program.
Boulton said that in spite of its accomplishments, the Radisson LAX's green team is not resting on its laurels.
'Being green is a continual process, and one that is integrated into our long-range business plan,' she said. 'We are continually searching for ways to improve and advance our sustainable business practices.'
Here's a taste of what they've done so far at the 580-room property:
• Minimizing waste and increasing recycling efforts
• Improving energy efficiency through lighting and equipment upgrades
• Conserving water with low-flow plumbing fixtures
• Using environmentally friendly cleaning and laundry products
• Implementing a towel and linen reuse program
• Employee training on recycling, managing resources wisely, and reporting under-performing equipment promptly
• Instituting an environmental purchasing policy to ensure that environmental and life-cycle impacts are considered in making purchasing decisions
• The hotel's green team oversees compliance with green initiatives by regularly inspecting each department and monitoring daily business operations
The Radisson LAX is operated by Portfolio Hotels & Resorts of Oak Brook, IL, which also manages the Orchard Hotel and Orchard Garden Hotel in San Francisco - two of the additional Green Seal certified hotels in California.
EcoGreenHotel salutes the Radisson LAX Hotel for its outstanding achievements in sustainable lodging!
Do you know about an eco hotel that deserves congratulations, too? Send a message to info@EcoGreenHotel.com and we may highlight it in an upcoming EcoFeature!
A valuable resource for hoteliers, EcoGreenHotel is dedicated to helping lodging facilities address environmental issues and implement environmentally sound initiatives. The company's online presence at www.EcoGreenHotel.com and www.EcoGreenHotelStore.com offers a marketplace for green hotel products and services and provides a one-stop venue for green hospitality industry news, basic environmental overviews and other tools like green hotel checklists, project ideas, book lists, and valuable links designed to promote a more sustainable hospitality industry.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.