All who participate in the surveys own at least one pet. Portions of the 2008 year to date results are as follows:
• 75% frequently take their pets with them when leaving town.
• 79% stay at designated pet-friendly hotels or lodging each year.
• 43.8% stay at designated pet-friendly hotels or lodging 3 or more times each year.
• 20.2% use a boarding facility when their pets do not accompany them on trips.
• 38.5% say it is 'difficult' to find pet friendly lodging.
• 63% would likely lengthen their stay if given the opportunity to travel with their pets.
• 84.3% travel with dogs.
• 6.5% travel with cats.
• 32.8% travel with dogs over 50 pounds.
• 35.7% say it is 'difficult to find pet-friendly lodging' for their pets over 20 pounds.
• 10.2% complain that most pet friendly hotels they find also allow smoking.
BringYourPet.com brings pet friendly travel options to traveling pet owners from the USA and abroad. The company Web site located at www.bringyourpet.com is a valuable tool in planning a successful pet-inclusive travel experience. The site lists high quality, pet-friendly hotels, motels and lodging state by state. For information on listing pet friendly hotels or other properties on BringYourPet.com visit: www.bringyourpet.com.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.