There are numerous sales and marketing promises we can make each year.
Rather than list them by the hundreds, we thought this brief list might help put you on the right track for 2005:
10) I will assess the sales, public relations and overall marketing strategies in the plan we recently documented for this fiscal year. It's always smart to tweak and move forward once we've reviewed the successes of the past.
9) I will review our pricing and revenue management guidelines to insure that it makes sense and works.
8) I will better understand and utilize Internet marketing strategies and GDS reservations opportunities to reach out to our current and prospective customers.
7) I will insure that we are using our website, guest loyalty programs, and database information smartly, and that they are updated, cutting edge and concise.
6) I will coach and train my sales, management and front office staff to help them identify new contacts and qualified leads, and to sell better.
5) As an owner or general manager, I will work closely with my team and participate on calls with my sales managers.
4) I will commit to better training of all property staff, to improve the level of service, which supports the efforts of my sales team, so that we deliver what we promise.
3) I will utilize public relations to report my successes and to create a level of awareness, as I appreciate the power of third party endorsements and editorial coverage. I will work at cultivating relationships with local media.
2) I will support promotions that are creative and "out-of-the-box," yet simple to understand and execute.
1) I will consider my marketing dollars not as an expense item, but as a critical investment.
HVS Marketing Communications is proud to help put you on the right track for sales, marketing and public relations in 2005.
About the author
Leora Halpern Lanz (Director of HVS Marketing Communications, and Senior Manager) joined HVS as its Director of Marketing in February 1999. She is responsible for the global marketing and external promotion of HVS' growing office network and comprehensive hospitality services.
In February 2000, Leora launched HVS Marketing Communications, the firm's sales, marketing and public relations consultancy. HVS Marketing Communications provides sales, marketing and public expertise for the hospitality industry. It was at the request of hotel executives with whom
Leora has worked that she established this service for HVS. Specialties of this service include: operational reviews; marketing plan development; sales/marketing assessments and audits; coordination with the property's flag; sales action steps; pre-opening marketing; sales direction and training; and promotions including web marketing.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.