- Special events help Vienna hoteliers break April performance records
- Bucharest performance lifted by EU council events
Europe’s hotel industry reported mostly positive results in the three key performance metrics during April 2019, according to data from STR.
Euro constant currency, April 2019 vs. April 2018
• Occupancy: -0.3% to 72.0%
• Average daily rate (ADR): +3.3% to EUR110.09
• Revenue per available room (RevPAR): +3.0% to EUR79.29
Local currency, April 2019 vs. April 2018
• Occupancy: +4.8% to 84.6%
• ADR: +20.7% to EUR116.15
• RevPAR: +26.5% to EUR98.29
The absolute occupancy, ADR and RevPAR levels were the highest for any April in STR’s Vienna database. STR analysts attribute a 6.2% rise in demand (room nights sold) to multiple events hosted in the market, such as the European Congress on Leukemia (4-5 April) and the EGU General Assembly 2019 (7-12 April).
• Occupancy: +1.0% to 71.3%
• ADR: +14.5% to RON414.92
• RevPAR: +15.7% to RON295.98
STR analysts tied the performance to several events related to Romania’s EU Council presidency, including the Ministerial conference “Sustainable Tourism – Common Policies of EU Member States” (1-4 April), which led to a 141.5% rise in RevPAR on 4 April.
STR provides clients from multiple market sectors with premium, global data benchmarking, analytics and marketplace insights. Founded in 1985, STR maintains a presence in 10 countries around the world with a corporate North American headquarters in Hendersonville, Tennessee, and an international headquarters in London, England. For more information, please visit str.com.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.